Learn everything you need to know about fintech from top experts
The #1 fintech certificate in Canada
Registration closed for 2021. Get notified for 2022.
The Fintech Certificate is a program that introduces you to the world of fintech
It was created for students, entrepreneurs and professionals alike who wish to learn more about what fintech is, deep dive on the underlying technologies such as AI and Blockchain, understand the Canadian regulatory framework and the legal implications.
The Certificate is designed for
Flagship program since 2018
The program was designed by Fintech Cadence in 2018 and adapting every year to reflect current realities and trends.
During the program, you will meet with VCs, fintech incubators and accelerators from around the world and fintech founders who will give you an insiders look at their company and what it was like to build a fintech startup in Canada.
Your teacher will be Layial El-Hadi, Executive Director at Fintech Cadence.
In addition, guest lecturers will be present at most classes to bring specific expertise.
7 courses over 12 week
Learn from home - 100% online
Introduction to the fintech ecosystem; the technologies, verticals and stakeholders
Understanding blockchain and its uses in the financial sector
Introduction to regulations and open-banking
Understanding Artificial Intelligence and its uses in the financial sector
Introduction to the global fintech ecosystem
Understanding fintech valuations and Financial Institution strategies and partnerships
Certificate review and wrap up
(PS. You must attend at least 5/ 7 courses to receive the certificate of completion)
Get your certificate!
Deadline January 16, 2021
Jan 16 – Apr 10 | 12PM-4PM EST.
April 10, 2021
The principles of the certificate
- Comprehensive learning : We will discuss the concepts, technologies and trends in fintech and deepen our understanding of them.
- Industry experts: Canada is fortunate to host a range of experts, researchers and academics working in the fintech sector who will be joining as guest lecturers.
- Innovation: Fintech Cadence is at the cutting edge of innovation in the financial industry. We will share the most up-to-date trends and technologies and get a glimpse into the future.
- International perspective: Along with provincial and national trends, we will meet with fintech ecosystems from around the world.
- Diverse teaching methods: The certificate will utilize various methods that have proven to engage students, experiential learning activities, case studies, workshops and seminars.
- Network: Meet experts in the field of AI, Blockchain, Regulations and connect with ecosystem organizations as well as VC’s and Accelerators.