Discover the world of fintech
Enter our contest for a chance to win a free registration to our 2023 edition
A flagship educational program since 2018
The program was designed by Fintech Cadence in 2018 and adapts every year to reflect current realities and trends in fintech.
Regardless of your academic background, the certificate provides an opportunity to learn about the fintech industry, its impact, its challenges and its opportunity in our society. During the program, you will meet with financial institutions, VCs, founders, top experts in the field and other key stakeholders across Canada and around the world.
Since the beginning of the program, we’ve seen +120 fintech fellows graduated from the program.
The Certificate is designed for:
About the 2023 Certificate
- It will be held online via zoom.
- It will take place every 2nd Saturday from February 4th to April 29th, between 12pm – 5pm EST.
- It will be in english
- It is open to anyone in Canada
- An optional “à-la-carte” course selection is available
- Get access to networking opportunities and meeeting key stakeholders in the Canadian fintech ecosystem.
The curriculum - 100% virtual
Register for the full Certificate or register for an individual course.
& overview of the
Introduction & overview of regulations, regtech
Understanding big data, machine learning and its
ethics in fintech
Understanding of of Financial Institutions’s strategies
Understanding blockchain and its uses in the financial sector
Understanding fintech valuations & the journey of fintech startups
Glimpse at Financial Health and ESG in fintech. Certificate review and wrap-up
Your facilitator will be Layial El-Hadi, Executive Director at Fintech Cadence.
Guest lecturers will be present at most classes to bring specific expertise.
In addition, we will also be inviting Canadian startups and scale-ups to provide their experience on starting a company in fintech, the challenges they've experienced the opportunities they see ahead in fintech and their sector. Here are some past startups that have joined:
The principles of the certificate
- Comprehensive learning : We will discuss the concepts, technologies and trends in fintech and deepen our understanding of them.
- Industry experts: Canada is fortunate to host a range of experts, researchers and academics working in the fintech sector who will be joining as guest lecturers.
- Innovation: Fintech Cadence is at the cutting edge of innovation in the financial industry. We will share the most up-to-date trends and technologies and get a glimpse into the future.
- International perspective: Along with provincial and national trends, we will meet with fintech ecosystems from around the world.
- Diverse teaching methods: The certificate will utilize various methods that have proven to engage students, experiential learning activities, case studies, workshops and seminars.
- Network: Meet experts in the field of AI, Blockchain, Regulations and connect with ecosystem organizations as well as VC’s and Accelerators.
Experience the Certificate in 3 ways
Register for the full
Fintech Certificate experience
Early-Bird registrations will open December 2nd until January 2nd .
- Student: $150
- Professional: $300
Regular registrations will open January 3rd until February 4th .
- Student: $250
- Professional: $500
An optional "à-la-carte"
course selection is available
- Select the individual courses you’re interested in. You will only have access to that class and any materials provided related to it:
- Student: $50 per course
- Professional: $100 per course.
Corporate package available for 5 employees registration
- Would you like your employees to have a fintech certificate? Reach out below to learn more.