Learn everything you need to know about fintech from top experts
Win free access to the Fintech Certificate
Winners will be announced October 26, 2020. Fill in this form to participate. No purchase necessary.
The Fintech Certificate is a program that introduces you to the world of fintech
It was created for students, entrepreneurs and professionals alike who wish to learn more about what fintech is, deep dive on the underlying technologies such as AI and Blockchain, understand the Canadian regulatory framework and the legal implications.
7 courses over 12 week
Learn from home - 100% online program
Introduction to the fintech ecosystem; the technologies, verticals and stakeholders
Understanding blockchain and its uses in the financial sector
Introduction to regulations and open-banking
Understanding Artificial Intelligence and its uses in the financial sector
Introduction to the global fintech ecosystem
Understanding fintech valuations and Financial Institution strategies and partnerships
Certificate review and wrap up
Layial El-Hadi, Executive Director at Fintech Cadence
The program was designed by Fintech Cadence in 2018 and has been improving and adapting every year to reflect current realities and trends.
It is for those who would like to work in fintech or launch a fintech startup. During the program, you will meet with VCs, fintech incubators and accelerators from around the world and fintech founders who will give you an insiders look at their company and what it was like to build a fintech startup in Canada.
Your teacher will be Layial El-Hadi, Executive Director at Fintech Cadence. In addition, guest lecturers will be present at most classes to bring specific expertise.
Deadline January 16, 2021
Jan 16 – Apr 10 | 12PM-4PM EST.
April 10, 2021
The Certificate is designed for
Participants must attend at least 5 out of the 7 courses to receive the certificate of completion
The principles of the certificate
- Comprehensive learning : We will discuss the concepts, technologies and trends in fintech and deepen our understanding of them.
- Industry experts: Canada is fortunate to host a range of experts, researchers and academics working in the fintech sector who will be joining as guest lecturers.
- Innovation: Fintech Cadence is at the cutting edge of innovation in the financial industry. We will share the most up-to-date trends and technologies and get a glimpse into the future.
- International perspective: Along with provincial and national trends, we will meet with fintech ecosystems from around the world.
- Diverse teaching methods: The certificate will utilize various methods that have proven to engage students, experiential learning activities, case studies, workshops and seminars.
- Network: Meet experts in the field of AI, Blockchain, Regulations and connect with ecosystem organizations as well as VC’s and Accelerators.