Learn everything you need to know about fintech from top experts
Register to our Fintech Certificate
A flagship educational program since 2018
The program was designed by Fintech Cadence in 2018 and adapts every year to reflect current realities and trends in fintech.
Regardless of your academic background, the certificate provides an opportunity to learn about the fintech industry, its impact, its challenges and its opportunity in our society. During the program, you will meet with financial institutions, VCs, founders, top experts in the field and other key stakeholders across Canada and around the world.
Since the beginning of the program, we’ve seen 90 fintech fellows graduated from the program.
The Certificate is designed for:
About the 2022 Certificate
- It will be held online via zoom.
- It will take place every 2nd Saturday from January 29th to April 23rd, between 12pm – 5pm EST.
- It will be in english.
- It is open to anyone in Canada
- An optional “à-la-carte” course selection
- Get access to networking opportunityes and key stakeholders in the fintech ecosystem as well as the Fintech Cadence community.
The curriculum - 100% virtual
Register for the full Certificate or register for an individual course.
Introduction to regulations
and open-banking overview
Understanding blockchain and its uses in the financial sector
Understanding artificial intelligence and its uses in the financial sector
Introduction to the global fintech ecosystem
Understanding fintech valuations & financial institutions strategies
Certificate review and wrap-up
Hear from Sam,
our 2021 Graduate
Hear from Marc-André,
our Certificate Corporate Partner
Your facilitator will be Layial El-Hadi, Executive Director at Fintech Cadence.
Guest lecturers will be present at most classes to bring specific expertise.
In addition, we will also be inviting Canadian startups and scale-ups to provide their experience on starting a company in fintech, the challenges they've experienced the opportunities they see ahead in fintech and their sector. Here are some past startups that have joined:
The principles of the certificate
- Comprehensive learning : We will discuss the concepts, technologies and trends in fintech and deepen our understanding of them.
- Industry experts: Canada is fortunate to host a range of experts, researchers and academics working in the fintech sector who will be joining as guest lecturers.
- Innovation: Fintech Cadence is at the cutting edge of innovation in the financial industry. We will share the most up-to-date trends and technologies and get a glimpse into the future.
- International perspective: Along with provincial and national trends, we will meet with fintech ecosystems from around the world.
- Diverse teaching methods: The certificate will utilize various methods that have proven to engage students, experiential learning activities, case studies, workshops and seminars.
- Network: Meet experts in the field of AI, Blockchain, Regulations and connect with ecosystem organizations as well as VC’s and Accelerators.
Experience the Certificate in 3 ways
Register for the full
Fintech Certificate experience
Registrations are now open!
- Student: $250
- Professional: $500
An optional "à-la-carte"
course selection available
- Select the individual courses you’re interested in. You will only have access to that class and any materials provided related to it:
- Student: $50 per course
- Professional: $100 per course.
Corporate package available for 5 employees registration
- Would you like your employees to have a fintech certificate? Reach out below to learn more.